What makes you a Difference Maker?
I think what makes me a Difference Maker is that I am always reaching out to students and getting them involved. Whether it’s through Orientation, the University Union and Events Team, Society of Women Engineers, being a Teaching Assistant, or just through my classes, I am constantly looking to help students find their niche on campus.
I became passionate about helping other students as soon as I became an Orientation Leader. It was at this point I realized how much I can impact each one of them and give them the best experience they can have during college. I honestly could not love UM-Dearborn more due to my involvements and I hope to help others feel the same way.
- Program Coordinator for SWE – Responsible for booking /planning events for the Society of Women Engineers.
- Women’s Club Soccer – Been on the team for three seasons.
- ENGR 100 Lab Teaching Assistants
- Building Manager for UUE – Worked as an Ambassador for the University Unions and Events team since Fall 2013 and have been moved up to a Building Manager this past Fall.
- 2013; 2014 Orientation Leader
- 2014 CECS Peer Mentor – Helped first semester students with classes and campus life
- Building Manager for UUE – As a Building Manager for the University Unions and Events Team, I help out new Ambassadors who are learning the job requirements and assist with any questions they may have.
- Program Coordinator for SWE – For the Winter 2016 semester I am the Program Coordinator of SWE, I work with other board leaders to help plan and book rooms for professional and outreach events.
- 2013 W.O.W Leader – In 2013 I was selected as a Wolverines. Orientation. Wilderness. leader for incoming freshman. I volunteered for four days during the summer to help welcome and prepare incoming freshman, each cabin had a student leader.
What is your Dream Career?
My dream career has always been to be an Electrical Engineer. One thing I hope I can do is work closely with engineering interns/co-ops, being a teaching assistant and a co-op in several positions has really peaked my interest. I think being a mentor to students in my full-time position would be an amazing accomplishment.
Was was a Defining Moment at UM-Dearborn?
My most defining moment at UM-Dearborn was becoming an Orientation Leader. I really stepped out of my comfort zone, and it was my first involvement on campus. It became one of the best choices I ever made throughout college. I met so many people, and my involvement and outreach to students really evolved from there. I realized I loved being involved and the more and more I did on campus, the more I loved UM-Dearborn and its community. College is a huge change from high school, and I’m really proud of myself for stepping up as a Freshman to get involved.